Project- Carpenter’s Union Relocation and Expansion
Presenter- Mark Taylor, McMorgan & Company LLC
The project proposes to relocate an existing 35,000 square foot carpenters training program located at 485 Woodview Avenue to a new one-story, 55,000 square foot, carpenters training center proposed to be constructed at 18640 Madrone Parkway. The proposed training center would include workshop areas, classrooms, break rooms, offices and a lobby/receptionist area. The building would also include a yard area for outdoor training and material storage. The training center would accommodate up to 150 students and 15 employees.
Mission Statement: Continuing to build an economically balanced and vibrant Greater Morgan Hill through business engagement, appropriate business recruitment, policy analysis, community promotion and multi-organizational cooperation.
1) Gathering and publishing economic development related information.
2) Vetting and making recommendations to the Chamber Board of Directors on requests for support or opposition visa-vis governmental action.
3) Project managing committee for activities such as job recruiting fairs, business expos and so on should the members so desire.
4) Primary committee for assigning delegates to regional economic development and governmental relations activities and reporting on what is learned there.
5) Be available as an ombudsman forum for current and/or prospective businesses facing issues or challenges.